- School Phone Fax
- Explorer Elementary 619-795-3600 619-795-3090
- High Tech Elementary Chula Vista 619-591-2550 619-591-2553
- High Tech Elementary North County 760-759-2785 760-759-2788
- High Tech Middle 619-814-5060 619-814-5088
- High Tech Middle Media Arts 619-398-8640 619-758-9568
- High Tech Middle Chula Vista 619-591-2530 619-591-2533
- High Tech Middle North County 760-759-2750 760-759-2779
- The Gary and Jerri-Ann Jacobs High Tech High 619-243-5000 619-243-5050
- High Tech High International 619-398-4900 619-758-1960
- High Tech High Media Arts 619-398-8620 619-224-1198
- High Tech High Chula Vista 619-591-2500 619-591-2503
- High Tech High North County 760-759-2700 760-759-2799
The address is:
High Tech High
2861 Womble Rd.
San Diego, CA 92106
The Gary and Jerri-Ann Jacobs High Tech High
High Tech High International
High Tech High Media Arts
High Tech Middle
High Tech Middle Media Arts
From the North:
Interstate 5 South; Rosecrans Exit; After the intersection of Lytton and Rosecrans, turn left Womble Road, turn right on Truxtun and park in first lot on the left.
From the East:
Interstate 8 West; Rosecrans Exit; After the intersection of Lytton and Rosecrans, turn left Womble Road, turn right on Truxtun and park in first lot on the left.
From the South:
Interstate 5 North; Pacific Highway; Left on Barnett Avenue; Left on Rosecrans, Left Womble Road, turn right on Truxtun and park in first lot on the left.
From Downtown (or the Airport):
North Harbor Drive, turn right on Laning, Right on Truxtun. Parking lot at the intersection of Truxtun and Farragut.
View Larger Map
High Tech High North County
High Tech High Middle North County
High Tech Elementary North County
1420 W San Marcos Blvd
San Marcos, Ca 92078
From Downtown San Diego:
Take Interstate 5 North 22 Miles
Take Leucadia Blvd Exit And Head East
Leucadia Blvd Becomes Olivenhain Rd. 0.9 Miles
Olivenhain Rd Becomes Rancho Santa Fe Rd 5.4 Miles
Turn Right Onto W San Marcos Blvd 0.6 Miles
Turn Left At Discovery Street.
View Larger Map
High Tech High Chula Vista
High Tech Middle Chula Vista
High Tech Elementary Chula Vista
1945 Discovery Falls Drive
Chula Vista, CA 91915
From Interstate 5:
East On Martin Luther King Freeway/94
South Interstate 805
Exit Olympic Parkway, Turn Left Heading East
Turn Right On Eastlake Parkway
Turn Left On Hunte Parkway
Turn Right On Discovery Falls Drive
View Larger Map
- XJustine AldridgeStaff Accountant
- XVeronica Alvarez GrajedaDirector of Operationsvalvarez@hightechhigh.org (619) 398-8785Veronica loves her role at HTH because of the diversity of projects she gets to work on including school lunch and admissions. Before coming to High Tech High, Veronica was a founding staff member of KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy and directed an academic enrichment program in San Francisco. She then earned a Masters of Public Administration in non-profit management and education policy from Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs. While studying there, she worked at New Visions for Public Schools, a non-profit school reform organization that partners with the New York City Board of Education to develop small public schools and programs in New York City. Veronica was born and raised in Washington, DC and earned a BA in Spanish and Latin American studies from Barnard College. She has lived in San Diego and worked at High Tech High for 6 years.
- XChristina Cassidy ForbrichDevelopment Officerccassidy@hightechhigh.org 619-398-8652High Tech High Foundation Director, Christina Cassidy Forbrich, is a proud San Diego native. Christina grew up in Serra Mesa and attended San Diego State University where she studied Qualitative Sociology and Economics, earning a Bachelor's degree in Sociology, graduating with honors. Christina joined High Tech High in 2008 and dedicates her time to raising critical funds to support the growing community of High Tech High schools. Outside of her passion for quality, progressive public education Christina is a tech-phile, pop-culture trivia nerd who enjoys travel, photography, learning new things, mid-century modern design and lots of time with her truly awesome family & friends.
- XJoanna ClarkStudent Information System Administratorjclark@hightechhigh.org 619-243-5015Joanna Clark, a San Diego native, has worked in the field of education for over 11 years. She began working as a Special Education Technician at Lindbergh Schweitzer Elementary. She instructed elementary-aged children on the use of augmentative devices and computer software. Later with the San Diego Community College District, she worked in the Welfare-to-Work program developing programs for working mothers to complete their education through distance education courses. Joanna holds a Master's degree in Education and a Pupil Personnel Services Credential. Currently she is working towards her Doctorate in Education, emphasis in Technology and Learning.
- XBen DaleyChief Operating Officerbdaley@hightechhigh.org 619-243-5027Ben Daley is the chief operating officer for High Tech High. He acts as an advisor to fifteen high school students and teaches and advises students in the HTH Graduate School of Education, where he is the Director of Clinical Sites. Ben joined High Tech High to teach physics as a founding faculty member in fall 2000. He was the second director of High Tech High Original Recipe.
A New Hampshire native, Ben wisely moved to San Diego, CA at the first opportunity. As a student at Haverford College, Ben majored in physics and was credentialed in secondary physics and math. After graduation, he traveled to the Philippines and taught science and math at an international school in Manila. Upon his return to the U.S., he taught physics and AP physics at the Madeira School, a girls boarding school in suburban Washington, D.C. He then moved to California to coach basketball and to teach physics at Pomona and Pitzer Colleges. He earned an M.A. in science education at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is a member of the fifth class of Aspen-Pahara Education Fellows and a Fellow of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
- XCarlos De La RosaMaintenance Technician619-876-7334
- XPaul DooleyDirector of Facilitiespdooley@hightechhigh.org 619-398-8634
- XSusan EdgeBusiness Manager
- XLuis ElizarrarazMaintenance Managerlelizarraraz@hightechhigh.org 619-254-9577
- XPatrick HaymanWeb DeveloperPatrick develops user-friendly web-based applications for multiple audiences including students, staff, donors, and those interested in learning more about the High Tech High community. Patrick received his Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Arizona and did post graduate work there and at Northern Arizona University.
- XJulie HolmesCredential Analystjuholmes@hightechhigh.org 619-398-4928
- XJose JimenezMaintenance Technician760-519-8481
- XCindy KimExecutive Assistantckim@hightechhigh.org 619-243-5014A native San Diegan, Cindy graduated from Clairemont High School and attended Kelsey-Jenney Business College and Grossmont Community College. She has over 18 years of experience in a variety of administrative capacities. Before becoming a full-time stay-at-home mom, she was a keypunch operator in the data-processing departments for Fed-Mart and then at the Naval Undersea Center in Point Loma, known today as SPAWAR. The now out-dated IBM keypunch machines were Cindy's first experience using computer technology.
Cindy worked for the San Diego City Schools in various roles for ten years, as the School Improvement Coordinator at Benchley-Weinberger Elementary School, in the Placement and Appeal Department, and in the School-to-Career Career Development Office. Before coming to High Tech High, she was the administrative assistant to the Director of the Business Roundtable for Education at the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. Cindy has been with High Tech High since its inception. She is the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- XLaura McBainDirector of External Relationslmcbain@hightechhigh.org 619.243.5000 ext. 8780Laura McBain is the Director of External Relations. Laura was a founding teacher of High Tech Middle and was the principal of two HTH sites (HTM and HTH Albuquerque). She currently directs the HTH Leading Schools Program, a one year hybrid program, geared toward external educators wishing to be change agents in their schools. Laura also helps external schools develop school reform initiatives centering around 21st century learning, charter school development and professional development. Laura also coordinates with accountability commissions for the HTH sites and disseminates HTH's work to other charter schools.
She graduated with a B.A. in English and minors in Political Science and Spanish from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. After her move to the west coast, Laura received her teaching credential from San Diego State University and taught for four years in San Diego before coming to High Tech High. Laura was a humanities teacher during the first year of High Tech Middle. She left HTH to pursue graduate studies and received an Ed.M. in Education Policy and Management from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts. At Harvard she worked at the Center for Law and Education developing policy initiatives relating to the reauthorization of the Individual with Disabilities Education Act. She also conducted research projects on the Massachusetts District Review process. Laura later served as a Policy Analyst for Learning Points Associates conducting reviews on underperforming districts.
- XWendy McDonaldRegistrarWendy grew up in San Diego and received her Bachelors Degree in Animal Science from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and went on to get a certificate from The Exotic Animal Training and Management Program in Moorpark, California. From there she worked as an Elephant Trainer in Vallejo, California. After two and a half years as a trainer she made the decision to move back to San Diego. While waiting to get a job at the San Diego Zoo, she started to work at HTH. Although she eventually got a job at the Zoo her heart brought her back to HTH. Now, many years later she is the Associate Director of College Relations and Registrar for all 11 High Tech High schools.
- XKay McElrathChief Financial Officer
Kay has worked on the business side of public education for the past 19 years. Prior to joining High Tech High, she served as Budget Supervisor and most recently, Director of Payroll and Benefits for San Diego Unified. Prior to coming west to California, she managed a nonprofit arts organization in Iowa, was assistant manager of the Des Moines Convention Center responsible for financial operations, and served as an accountant for the Salt Lake County Treasurer. She is a graduate of Iowa State University. Kay also serves the GSE as CFO.
- XEricka OlsonFacilities Assistanteolson@hightechhigh.org 619-840-1981
- XAmy ReisingDirector of Credentialing and Teacher Development
- XKristy RenkenStaff Accountant: Human Resources/Payroll
- XRoland RiveraMaintenance Technician619-322-2532
- XLarry RosenstockChief Executive Officerlrosenstock@hightechhigh.org 619-243-5014
Larry Rosenstock is CEO and founding principal of High Tech High, a network of eleven K-12 public charter schools in California, and is Dean of the High Tech High Graduate School of Education. Larry taught carpentry in urban high schools in Boston and Cambridge and was principal of the Rindge School of Technical Arts, and of the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. A member of the Massachusetts and U.S. Supreme Court Bars, he served as an attorney at the Harvard Center for Law and Education, and was a lecturer at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. He directed the federal New Urban High School Project, and was president of the Price Charitable Fund.
Larry and his work have been featured on Oprah, Lehrer, Newsweek, and Forbes. He is a winner of the Ford Foundation Innovations in State and Local Government Award, is an Ashoka Fellow, and won the McGraw Prize in Education.
- XZoltan SardaAssistant Director of Teacher Development
- XDaren SefcikDirector of Information Technologydsefcik@hightechhigh.org 619-243-5009Daren was born in Oceanside, CA and has lived in San Diego all of his life. During his youth he traveled to many parts of the world and at the age of 19 he married in Caracas, Venezuela and has been married for 21 years and has 3 boys who all attend High Tech High schools.
After 14 years of owning and operating a motorcycle repair business he realized computers and technology were the future and in 1995 started his technology career as a UNIX Systems Administrator for a San Diego based Sun Microsystems VAR. 11 years later he joined the High Tech High team as the Director of Technology. Daren has been involved with many aspects of computer technology ranging from java programing to SQL database design and network security. He has also contributed to many Open Source projects over the years.
- XDavid SquillaciMaintenance Technician619-820-7710
- XCory TatzAthletic Directorctatz@hightechhigh.org 619-398-8653Cory began as a parent volunteer and baseball coach at High Tech High in 2004. He was instrumental in the inception of sports at the village. In 2006, Cory was named the Athletic Director. Under his supervision, High Tech High has grown from a village of no sports to over 23 teams. He now oversees athletics at High Tech High San Diego, High Tech High North County and High Tech High Chula Vista.
Athletics has always been Cory's passion. He has coached for over 25 years and is still the head varsity coach for the HTHV Baseball team. His wish is to bring the students of the High Tech High schools the same positive experience of competition that he enjoyed when he was young.
Cory grew up in New York and has true appreciation for the beautiful weather we San Diegans enjoy. He holds a B.S. degree in Business Administration from San Diego State University.
- XMichelle VallesAdmissionsmvalles@hightechhigh.org (619) 398 8786Michelle enjoys working at High Tech High as the admissions and outreach coordinator. Michelle formed part of the first graduating class of High Tech High Media Arts in the spring of 2008. As a High Tech High alumni, Michelle knows from personal experience what High Tech High has to offer for its students. Michelle attended San Diego State University where she obtained her bachelor's degree in Philosophy. She is planning to go back to school to obtain her master's degree in Special Education.
When Michelle is not working she enjoys reading, painting, taking photos, enjoying nature and loves cooking for her husband.
- XRobert WalkerMaintenance Technician619-438-2373
- XKatie WrightDirector of Special Educationkwright@hightechhigh.org (619) 398-8642Katie began working at High Tech High eight years ago in the Charter Management Organization. After two years she joined the High Tech Middle Media Arts community where she worked as a Humanities Teacher, and later as the Inclusion Specialist and Academic Dean. Katie earned both her Single Subject and Education Specialist teaching credentials through the High Tech High Teacher Credentialing Program. She brings the perspective of a classroom teacher and a Special Education teacher to position, and she is excited to be working with the students, teachers and parents of the HTH community.