and the broader educational landscape.
High Tech High (HTH) is a charter school organization in San Diego County operating 13 K-12 public charter schools. HTH's instructional design emphasizes hands-on, project-based learning with adult-world connections. We are committed to building a school culture where there is respect and cooperation among every student, adult, and family. Candidates should be open to a dynamic, collaborative, teacher-driven school where teachers have the freedom to design their curriculum and innovate
High Tech High endeavors to attract passionate, highly qualified educators. All instructional personnel are required to hold valid California teaching credentials, permits or certificates appropriate to the assignment. HTH is accepting applications for the 2016/17 school year and preliminary interviews begin in late Spring. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of certain pre-employment verifications and clearances including, but not limited to, undergraduate degree verification, DOJ fingerprint clearance, verification of eligibility to work in the United States, and TB clearance.
- Full-time annual teacher contracts are typically written with 190 (minimum) contract days
- Compensation is set according to High Tech High's Employment Compensation Framework
- CALSTRS or CALPERS is offered to eligible employees
- Benefit options for eligible employees for 2015-2016 included: Health (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), Dental & Vision (CIGNA), Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 403b/457 Retirement options
- High Tech High operates according to a Traditional School Calendar (August through June)
- Schools provide Team Teaching support, and Professional Development Opportunities throughout the year
- High Tech High provides other exceptional professional growth opportunities