HTH Induction Program
What is an Induction (Clear Credential) program?
Induction is designed to support the professional development of newly-credentialed, beginning teachers. The program benefits participants by offering hands-on teacher training that emphasizes project-based learning, HTH philosophy and a collegial support network. Teacher Induction represents the process by which teachers will earn their Clear credential through advanced study of teaching practice aligned with the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP).
- Two-year program, self-paced
- Classroom based inquiry work
- Project-Based pedagogy
- Mentoring Support
- Monthly professional development (on-site labs and collegial support)
- Aligned to the CSTP
- Successful completion results in a Clear California Teaching Credential
- Accredited by the CTC
Induction Programs of Study:
- Clear General Education Program of Study (Single & Multiple Subjects credential holders)
- Clear Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Program of Study
Once a Teacher completes the requirements of the HTH Induction Program, HTH is authorized by the CTC to recommend teachers for a Clear Single Subject, Multiple Subjects or Education Specialist Mild/Moderate credential.
Flexible monthly payment plans are available. The program fees below are for incoming participants for the 2016-17 school year.
|Induction (per year)||$2,000*||Program Fee with Mentor stipend covered by your school|
|Induction (ECO-1 yr option)||$3,000*||Program Fee with Mentor stipend covered by your school|
|*Additional fee of $1,500 required if a HTH Mentor is requested by partner school participants.|
Course Catalog – coming soon!
1) Can I clear my credential with your program if I am not a High Tech High Teacher?
2) I have completed year 1 in a different program, will that count for your program?
3) What is the cost of year two in your program?
4) What is the start and end date of your program?
5) What time commitment is required outside of work? (I work from 8:00 to 4:00 PM, and would like to avoid missing work if possible).
6) Do I have to have a mentor?
7) My credential is about to expire this year. Who can help me with an extension?
8) I hold two credentials: Single Subject-Math and a Multiple Subjects. Can I clear both credentials in your Induction program?
9) Do I have to be employed as a teacher?