HTH COVID-19 School Information Parent and Student Resources, Meal Services, and Distance Learning Information

Work Permit info

If you plan to work this summer, you will need a valid work permit from the school. Please follow the directions below to obtain a permit from me. 
  1. Print/complete the fillable application for a work permit from the internet. It is called the CDE B1-1 form. Linked here: Form CDE B1-1
  2. Complete/Sign/Date the Student Information.
  3. Obtain signature from parent or guardian.
  4. Take the application to your employer for him/her to complete the Employers Information.
  5. Submit the completed/signed application via email to Chamille.
  6. After 2-5 business days, return to Chamille to pick up the completed Work Permit OR (if submitting after July 9th) I will email you a digital copy to sign and give to your employer. 

* Social security numbers are required – not optional.

* Signatures required from student, parent, employer.

* Photo ID is required when picking up Work Permit.

* Work Permit must be renewed each school year. (work permits expire one week after school starts and minors who are still working must renew their work permit.)

We also support and encourage students to find a job or internship opportunity.  Direct link to job/internship opportunities: student-opportunities/job-and-internship-opportunities

Additional info: All minors under age 18 (including minors employed by parents) must have a work permit. Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and academic requirements in order to obtain work permits. Schools have the legal right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork or health of the minor is being impaired by the employment.