Enrollment for 2019-20 is open!
Induction is a professional development program designed to support newly-credentialed beginning teachers. The High Tech High (HTH) Induction program incorporates improvement science and collegial coaching aligned with the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP). Our unique program allows participants to select into small Improvement Science groups based on their area of interest or growth. We encourage our participants to think deeply about their pedagogical practice(s) and hone new strategies that will enhance their teaching skills. Our program is designed to have participants actively reflect on Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles of inquiry/evidence and data collection. Upon completion, teachers earn their California Clear Credential through advanced study of teaching practice.
- Two-year program
- Cycle through various stages of Improvement Research
- Mentoring Support
- Monthly meetings
- 2019/20 Program Fee? $1,000/per year
- Can we invoice your employer? Yes.
- What if I am paying my own fee? We can set up a monthly payment plan of 5 equal payments of $200.
- When do we start? September 16, 2019
- Do I need a Mentor? Yes, talk to your employer about who will be supporting you.
- Do I have to work at HTH to do your Induction Program? No, enrollment is open to any employed k-12 teachers within San Diego County.
INDUCTION REGISTRATION: Click here
Download and complete needed forms >>> upload along with your application
- Employment Verification Form
- ECO Application Form (OPTIONAL)
- Early Completion Option (ECO) is an optional route that allows experienced teachers to complete Induction in one-year instead of two years. ECO applications will be reviewed and granted to teachers that have a) 2+ years of full-time teaching experience with positive evaluations or b) completed the HTH District Intern Program.
MONTHLY MEETINGS | 2019/20
HTH Forum – 2150 Cushing Road, 92106 | 4:45 – 7 pm
- Employment | Employed or offered employment as the teacher of record, 50% or more time, in a K-12 public school environment within San Diego County.
- MOU | If employed at a school outside of HTH Charter, then HTH credentialing will seek to establish a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) outlining roles and responsibilities for Induction support.
- Credential | Hold a CA Preliminary Teaching Credential in one of the following areas: Single Subject, Multiple Subjects, Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Disabilities