In 2000, High Tech High was launched by a coalition of San Diego educators and business leaders. The roots of the HTH program and curriculum derive from the New Urban High School Project (NUHS), an initiative of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Vocational and Adult Education that ran from 1996 to 1999.
- In 2003: California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) regulation change enabled charter schools, with local education agency (LEA) status, to operate their own credentialing programs.
- In 2004: CTC approves HTH to offer a Preliminary Single Subject teacher preparation program.
- In 2007: CTC approves HTH to offer a Clear (Gen Ed) Induction program.
- In 2009: CTC approves HTH to offer a Preliminary Multiple Subjects teacher preparation program.
- In 2011: CTC approves HTH to offer two programs:
- Education Specialist, Mild/Moderate teacher preparation program
- Education Specialist Clear Induction program
Since its launch, HTH remains committed to attracting, training and preparing strong educators.
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) may be contacted at:
Commission on Teacher Credentialing
1900 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, California 95811
Phone: (916) 322-4974