Employment at High Tech High
Transform yourself, the students you will serve,
and the broader educational landscape.
High Tech High (HTH) is a charter school organization in San Diego County operating 13 K-12 public charter schools. HTH’s instructional design emphasizes hands-on, project-based learning with adult-world connections. We are committed to building a school culture where there is respect and cooperation among every student, adult, and family. Candidates should be open to a dynamic, collaborative, teacher-driven school where teachers have the freedom to design their curriculum and innovate.
High Tech High endeavors to attract passionate, highly qualified educators. All instructional personnel are required to hold valid California teaching credentials, permits or certificates appropriate to the assignment. HTH is accepting applications for the 2017/18 school year and preliminary interviews begin in late Spring. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of certain pre-employment verifications and clearances including, but not limited to, undergraduate degree verification, DOJ fingerprint clearance, verification of eligibility to work in the United States, and TB clearance.
Working at HTH:
- Full-time annual teacher contracts are typically written with 190 (minimum) contract days
- Compensation is set according to High Tech High’s Employment Compensation Framework. In compliance with CCR Section 570.5 (a(5), the compensation framework and contract information subject to public disclosure are available from the HTH Business Office during business hours by appointment.
- CALSTRS or CALPERS is offered to eligible employees
- Benefit options for eligible employees for 2015-2016 included: Health (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), Dental & Vision (CIGNA), Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 403b/457 Retirement options
- High Tech High operates according to a Traditional School Calendar (August through June)
- Schools provide Team Teaching support, and Professional Development Opportunities throughout the year
- High Tech High provides other exceptional professional growth opportunities
- High Tech High is an at-will employer
Once we receive your application, if we are interested in following up for an initial twenty minute screening interview, we will contact you. We try to provide information in a timely manner. However, if you are a teacher of humanities, art, or biology, please understand that we will get many, many applications. We may not get in touch with you unless you appear to be a very strong candidate with a strong cover letter. If you have difficulty filling out the application, or would like your application submitted for multiple positions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn a CA Teaching Credential
High Tech High is the first charter school that has been authorized by the state of California to fully credential its own teachers. The HTH District Intern Program is a two-year commitment which involves coursework, supervised teaching, the support of a mentor and a substantial culminating assessment project. Our program includes 600 hours of training and practice over the course of 22 months. HTH Intern Program is authorized by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to recommend teachers for Multiple Subjects, Ed Specialist Mild/Moderate and Single-Subject credentials in Mathematics, Science, English, Social Science, Spanish, Physical Education, and Art.
The first step to joining our credentialing program is to be hired as a teacher at HTH or another school within San Diego county. Once you are offered a teaching position we can begin the enrollment process into our District Intern program. Our program offers all of the coursework necessary to help you obtain your District Intern California Teaching Credential and then your Preliminary CA credential once you complete the two year program. You must be employed at least 50% time in order to enroll in the program and complete the necessary coursework and classroom hours needed to obtain your credential. In California, this credential is exactly the same as a credential earned through a university. For more information on the HTH teacher credentialing program, email email@example.com.
While we welcome applications for all positions, at present we are actively hiring for the following open positions:
— none —
1:1 Instructional Aide
Digital Arts / Multimedia Teacher
— none —
Academic Coaches (all locations)
Applications submitted for positions not on this list will be reviewed as well.